Fashion guru Wayne Hemingway to curate special Preston Guild Vintage Festival
One of Lancashire’s most famous designers will be putting on a special Vintage festival for the Preston Guild.
Wayne Hemingway, who founded the fashion label Red or Dead, is behind the Vintage Guild showcase which will run for two days in September.
It will celebrate the best of the city’s art, fashion, film, food and music at various venues around the city.
Hemingway, who visited the University of Central Lancashire recently to encourage students to get involved with the festival, said he wanted to utilise the talent on the city’s doorstep.
He said: “We want to celebrate the things that are important in life to those in this city and leave a legacy behind. Whilst I and my wife Gerardine will co-curate the festival, the vision and drive will come from local people themselves. The event will need hundreds of volunteers to help to organise it.”
Stefano Bragagnini, a 19-year-old interior design student, said: “Wayne Hemingway is truly inspirational and it’s exciting to think that I have the opportunity to work on a creative venture with him right here in Preston.”
The festival will take place on the 1st and 2nd of September. Anyone interested in volunteering for the Vintage weekend can submit their details on the Guild website.
What do you think about the vintage weekend? Will you be getting involved? Let us know your views in the comments below
Image credit to David Jones
- 14th, March 2012
Most Read posts
- Snow warning: Preston expected to see some snow during Wednesday and Thursday 1,563 views
- Preston dog owner fined £220 for failing to clear up dog poo 652 views
- J.D. Wetherspoon introduce Lloyds No.1 Bar, ‘The Twelve Tellers’ to Preston 403 views
- New Preston city centre Wetherspoons to be called Twelve Tellers and serve booze until 2am 138 views
- ‘Kiss and Ride’ now in operation at Preston Train Station 136 views
- J.D. Wetherspoon introduce Lloyds No.1 Bar, ‘The Twelve Tellers’ to Preston4 comments
- New Preston city centre Wetherspoons to be called Twelve Tellers and serve booze until 2am5 comments
- Preston dog owner fined £220 for failing to clear up dog poo3 comments
- Blog Preston launches mobile and tablet app8 comments
- Belladonna’s Boudoir to open on Cannon Street1 comments