Walled Garden Bistro nominated for national restaurant award
A Preston restaurant has been voted as one of the UK’s best at a dining awards.
The Walled Garden Bistro was in the running for best restaurant in the Hi-Life Dining Awards 2012.
It lost out to Cheshire restaurant Michael Caines Abode which scooped the award.
The bistro is part of the Barton Grange Hotel and last year won the Best North West restaurant at the same awards.
Laura James, restaurant manager, said the team were delighted to be nominated.
She said: “We were up against some superb restaurants and it shows all our hard work to ensure we provide the right experience for our diner is really paying dividends.
“Last year we were delighted to win the award for the Best North West Restaurant and to be short-listed for the Best Overall Restaurant in the UK is fantastic.
“After the re-launch of the restaurant a few years ago, the Walled Garden has gone from strength-to-strength and we work extremely hard to provide delicious food in a contemporary stylish setting whilst retaining the cosy, welcoming atmosphere we are known for.”
The Walled Garden was nominated ahead of more than 3,500 other restaurants by the Hi-Life Dining Club’s 200,000 members.
Ian Topping, managing director of Barton Grange, added: “I’m really pleased for the restaurant staff because these nominations are based on the votes of real customers. We understand that there were 200,000 voters, so to be nominated for the Best Restaurant in the UK is a great achievement.”
Lisa Lund, Hi-Life’s commercial director, commented: “The awards were a fantastic showcase of the very best in dining excellence and congratulations to all our winners and shortlisted entries. The calibre of participants this year has been exceptionally high.”
Have you ever eaten at The Walled Garden? Let us know what it was like in the comments below
- 17th, February 2012
Most Read posts
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 3) 4,927 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 2) 362 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures 245 views
- Hogarths to host 1920’s night 241 views
- Preston weather warning: Snow and ice expected through until Monday morning 224 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 3)16 comments
- Fishergate roadworks: Trees to be cut down as work continues10 comments
- Opinion: Why council tax HAS to rise in Preston…9 comments
- Welcome to Adelphi Square: University of Central Lancashire unveils giant new redevelopment plan21 comments
- Could Acregate pub become a new Muslim school for the Blind?5 comments