Walled Garden Bistro nominated for national restaurant award
A Preston restaurant has been voted as one of the UK’s best at a dining awards.
The Walled Garden Bistro was in the running for best restaurant in the Hi-Life Dining Awards 2012.
It lost out to Cheshire restaurant Michael Caines Abode which scooped the award.
The bistro is part of the Barton Grange Hotel and last year won the Best North West restaurant at the same awards.
Laura James, restaurant manager, said the team were delighted to be nominated.
She said: “We were up against some superb restaurants and it shows all our hard work to ensure we provide the right experience for our diner is really paying dividends.
“Last year we were delighted to win the award for the Best North West Restaurant and to be short-listed for the Best Overall Restaurant in the UK is fantastic.
“After the re-launch of the restaurant a few years ago, the Walled Garden has gone from strength-to-strength and we work extremely hard to provide delicious food in a contemporary stylish setting whilst retaining the cosy, welcoming atmosphere we are known for.”
The Walled Garden was nominated ahead of more than 3,500 other restaurants by the Hi-Life Dining Club’s 200,000 members.
Ian Topping, managing director of Barton Grange, added: “I’m really pleased for the restaurant staff because these nominations are based on the votes of real customers. We understand that there were 200,000 voters, so to be nominated for the Best Restaurant in the UK is a great achievement.”
Lisa Lund, Hi-Life’s commercial director, commented: “The awards were a fantastic showcase of the very best in dining excellence and congratulations to all our winners and shortlisted entries. The calibre of participants this year has been exceptionally high.”
Have you ever eaten at The Walled Garden? Let us know what it was like in the comments below
- 17th, February 2012
Most Read posts
- Unexploded mortar found near Avenham Park 637 views
- New Series: Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures 581 views
- Miller Arcade plans to create new flats, restaurant and roof terrace due to be approved 558 views
- Watch: Military mortar detonated in controlled explosion in fields near River Ribble 441 views
- Garstang Road collision: Motorcyclist in hospital as police appeal for information 337 views
- New Series: Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures10 comments
- Fracking near Preston: Further delay to decision on Cuadrilla plans7 comments
- Mystery of Prescott’s Court on student apartments construction site in Friargate8 comments
- Miller Arcade plans to create new flats, restaurant and roof terrace due to be approved3 comments
- Franky and Benny’s confirms Deepdale restaurant plan with 40 jobs created2 comments