Campaign to promote Preston food to run during August
Preston’s culinary traditions will be in the spotlight over the summer as part of a new scheme to promote eating in the city.
The Love Food Love Preston campaign will see a month-long blitz of events including the return of the Lancashire Market and live cookery demonstrations with top chefs.
TV chef Gino D’Acampo (pictured left) will be hosting “A Night With Gino” at the Guild Hall on Saturday 18th August.
The events are being funded by the Preston Business Improvement District – who promote business in the city.
Ken Williams, Chairman of BID said: “The Lancashire Market, initiated and developed by BID, has shown a clear passion for local food and drink. People are far more concerned in today’s climate that they’re getting quality produce for a reasonable price that isn’t having a detrimental impact on the environment.
“The Love Food Love Preston campaign will showcase the Lancashire Market, Preston’s historical weekday market and our city centre restaurants and cafe bars. We’re encouraging every eating establishment to get behind this campaign to promote the city’s diverse, quality offering of dining and hospitality.”
The Lancashire Market will take place on Saturday 18th August.
What do you think about the campaign? Will it get you eating out in the city more? Let us know your views in the comments below
- 25th, February 2012
Most Read posts
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 3)9 comments
- Fishergate roadworks: Trees to be cut down as work continues10 comments
- Opinion: Why council tax HAS to rise in Preston…9 comments
- Welcome to Adelphi Square: University of Central Lancashire unveils giant new redevelopment plan21 comments
- Could Acregate pub become a new Muslim school for the Blind?5 comments