Alleygating plans on the agenda for Counties area of Deepdale
Gates are set to come down on troubled back alleys in Deepdale, as the council applies for permission to gate them.
Preston City Council have asked to gate the Counties area of Deepdale, and if successful will see 29 alleygates installed on lanes which run in the area between Argyll Road and St Pauls Road.
View a map showing where the alleygates could go
View Alleygating in the Counties area of Deepdale in a larger map
The gating is part of a wider scheme in the city to reduce anti-social behaviour and follows an announcement earlier this commiting an extra £138,000 to gating in Deepdale, Ashton, St Matthews and the Town Centre wards.
Deepdale councillor Ismail Bax, speaking to Blog Preston earlier this month, said local residents would be able to reclaim their streets.
He said: “Overall, it is a fantastic scheme and the residents are really happy with the outcome. It has made a very positive difference in terms of negating anti-social behaviour and fly tipping and will greatly help to reduce crime as well.”
A spate of alleygating has already taken place in the Canaries area of Deepdale.
Councillors on the planning committee will decide whether to give the go-ahead on Monday 6th February at the Town Hall. View the full plans on the council website.
Do you live in Deepdale? What do you think about the alleygating plans? Let us know your views in the comments below
Image credit to norbet1
- 31st, January 2012
Most Read posts
- Jonjo Highton murder: Police appeal to find two cars linked to Deepdale stabbing 2,496 views
- Police called to serious collision on New Hall Lane 2,359 views
- Jonjo Highton murder: Five Preston men now held on suspicion of murder 2,016 views
- Friends pay tribute to teenager murdered in Deepdale 1,593 views
- Boy cyclist dies following New Hall Lane collision 1,100 views
- Palestinian flag flying in Preston: UKIP call for resignations over flag decision30 comments
- Calls for Israeli flag to fly above Preston Town Hall32 comments
- 3D video of proposed Eastways Hub development released4 comments
- Former member of the Royal Artillery regiment dies at 1023 comments
- Preston Bus Station: County council announcement due in September3 comments