Deadline looms for comments on new Preston housing plans
Tomorrow is the final day for residents across Preston to have their say on where 22,000 new homes could be built in the area.
Preston, South Ribble and Chorley needs to build new homes by 2026 to meet its exploding population and planners want your views on where these new homes could go.
View a map showing the proposed sites
View Potential housing development sites in and around Preston in a larger map
The major sites are at Cottam, the north of Preston and south between Penwortham and Lostock Hall. The majority of sites will be built on greenfield land.
Local councils are being urged to think regionally for how to deal with the demand for new housing, and this guest post from Michael Wellock from Kirkwells Town Planning called on town halls not to ignore the Central Lancashire strategy.
The plans are available at www.centrallancashire.com, and all comments on the plan can be made by email to [email protected] or in writing to Freepost, Central Lancashire LDF. You must write to them by 5pm on 13th December 2011. Any comments made will be made public, and only your name will be published.
- 12th, December 2011
Most Read posts
- Operation Nemesis: Watch as police raid suspected drug dealers Preston home 388 views
- Frog and Bucket closure: Preston comedian Dan Nightingale leads reaction 365 views
- Coda, The Venue and more: Looking back at what the Frog and Bucket venue used to be 304 views
- Indoor Market plan ruffles traders as Preston City Council prepare to appoint architect 280 views
- Eight koi carp worth more than £1,000 stolen from Fulwood home 263 views
- Palestinian flag flying in Preston: UKIP call for resignations over flag decision30 comments
- Calls for Israeli flag to fly above Preston Town Hall32 comments
- 3D video of proposed Eastways Hub development released4 comments
- Former member of the Royal Artillery regiment dies at 1023 comments
- Preston Bus Station: County council announcement due in September3 comments