Deadline looms for comments on new Preston housing plans
Tomorrow is the final day for residents across Preston to have their say on where 22,000 new homes could be built in the area.
Preston, South Ribble and Chorley needs to build new homes by 2026 to meet its exploding population and planners want your views on where these new homes could go.
View a map showing the proposed sites
View Potential housing development sites in and around Preston in a larger map
The major sites are at Cottam, the north of Preston and south between Penwortham and Lostock Hall. The majority of sites will be built on greenfield land.
Local councils are being urged to think regionally for how to deal with the demand for new housing, and this guest post from Michael Wellock from Kirkwells Town Planning called on town halls not to ignore the Central Lancashire strategy.
The plans are available at www.centrallancashire.com, and all comments on the plan can be made by email to [email protected] or in writing to Freepost, Central Lancashire LDF. You must write to them by 5pm on 13th December 2011. Any comments made will be made public, and only your name will be published.
- 12th, December 2011
Most Read posts
- Man found dead near Lane Ends Post Office 5,835 views
- Sparrow hawk feasts on pigeon infront of startled Friargate shoppers 1,977 views
- Gridlock city: Why has Preston’s peak-time traffic become so much worse recently? 1,197 views
- Gang armed with baseball bats and machetes attack cash van at Ribbleton newsagents 1,130 views
- Preston Christmas Market opening times announced 973 views
- Fishergate Gateway development officially opens following completion8 comments
- Preston is officially England’s GLOOMIEST city6 comments
- Win: Tickets to the first Frog and Bucket night at Preston Guild Hall4 comments
- Deepdale tramline and station proposal set for rejection4 comments
- Seven things you said on Fishergate new layout completion4 comments