Deadline looms for comments on new Preston housing plans
Tomorrow is the final day for residents across Preston to have their say on where 22,000 new homes could be built in the area.
Preston, South Ribble and Chorley needs to build new homes by 2026 to meet its exploding population and planners want your views on where these new homes could go.
View a map showing the proposed sites
View Potential housing development sites in and around Preston in a larger map
The major sites are at Cottam, the north of Preston and south between Penwortham and Lostock Hall. The majority of sites will be built on greenfield land.
Local councils are being urged to think regionally for how to deal with the demand for new housing, and this guest post from Michael Wellock from Kirkwells Town Planning called on town halls not to ignore the Central Lancashire strategy.
The plans are available at www.centrallancashire.com, and all comments on the plan can be made by email to [email protected] or in writing to Freepost, Central Lancashire LDF. You must write to them by 5pm on 13th December 2011. Any comments made will be made public, and only your name will be published.
- 12th, December 2011
Most Read posts
- Unexploded mortar found near Avenham Park 674 views
- New Series: Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures 653 views
- Miller Arcade plans to create new flats, restaurant and roof terrace due to be approved 613 views
- Watch: Military mortar detonated in controlled explosion in fields near River Ribble 477 views
- Garstang Road collision: Motorcyclist in hospital as police appeal for information 440 views
- New Series: Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures11 comments
- Fracking near Preston: Further delay to decision on Cuadrilla plans8 comments
- Miller Arcade plans to create new flats, restaurant and roof terrace due to be approved3 comments
- Watch: Action Records documentary charting its place at the heart of Preston music scene1 comments
- Ringway roadworks: Overnight and weekend lane closures for urgent bridge repair works1 comments