X Factor’s Frankie Cocozza comes to Preston…residents less than impressed
X Factor’s Frankie Cocozza is making an appearance in Preston at 53 Degrees’ Vodka Nationwide event this coming Thursday.
Cocozza, 18, last week confessed to the Sun that he spent six nights taking cocaine which led to him being ejected from the show after breaking a so-called “golden rule”.
Pluto, the University of Central Lancashire’s student newspaper have written a piece on it already, with many students voicing their disapproval at the idea of paying to see Cocozza for a meet and greet.
After 53 Degrees posted the announcement on their Facebook page, it has already garnered 45 comments, the majority being negative.
53 Degrees said: “The current hype surrounding Frankie Cocozza should be seen as nothing other than to serve as a curiosity.
“By deciding to host the event, we, as the Students’ Union, do not condone his behaviour or the use of drugs, neither do we support his lifestyle choices – and by association neither does 53 Degrees.
“We are merely hosting an event, giving the opportunity for students or public alike to freely choose to attend the performance or not.”
You can listen to UCLan Student Union President Reni Eddo-Lodge speaking about the announcement and check out Frankie’s earth-shatteringly brilliant final X Factor performance below.
- 11th, November 2011
Most Read posts
- Drugs raids continue across Preston with five further arrests 727 views
- Coda, The Venue and more: Looking back at what the Frog and Bucket venue used to be 589 views
- Operation Nemesis: Watch as police raid suspected drug dealers Preston home 445 views
- Frog and Bucket closure: Preston comedian Dan Nightingale leads reaction 401 views
- Operation Nemesis: Five Preston men charged following drugs raids 363 views
- Palestinian flag flying in Preston: UKIP call for resignations over flag decision30 comments
- Calls for Israeli flag to fly above Preston Town Hall32 comments
- 3D video of proposed Eastways Hub development released4 comments
- Former member of the Royal Artillery regiment dies at 1023 comments
- Preston Bus Station: County council announcement due in September3 comments