X Factor’s Frankie Cocozza comes to Preston…residents less than impressed
X Factor’s Frankie Cocozza is making an appearance in Preston at 53 Degrees’ Vodka Nationwide event this coming Thursday.
Cocozza, 18, last week confessed to the Sun that he spent six nights taking cocaine which led to him being ejected from the show after breaking a so-called “golden rule”.
Pluto, the University of Central Lancashire’s student newspaper have written a piece on it already, with many students voicing their disapproval at the idea of paying to see Cocozza for a meet and greet.
After 53 Degrees posted the announcement on their Facebook page, it has already garnered 45 comments, the majority being negative.
53 Degrees said: “The current hype surrounding Frankie Cocozza should be seen as nothing other than to serve as a curiosity.
“By deciding to host the event, we, as the Students’ Union, do not condone his behaviour or the use of drugs, neither do we support his lifestyle choices – and by association neither does 53 Degrees.
“We are merely hosting an event, giving the opportunity for students or public alike to freely choose to attend the performance or not.”
You can listen to UCLan Student Union President Reni Eddo-Lodge speaking about the announcement and check out Frankie’s earth-shatteringly brilliant final X Factor performance below.
- 11th, November 2011
Most Read posts
- Watch: AJ’s Dream flashmob takes over Friargate and Flag Market 1,231 views
- Milda Okunyte RIP: Friends gather to celebrate artistic creativity of Lithuanian student who died on Tuesday 1,056 views
- Met Office issues severe weather warning with both wind and rain expected 490 views
- Opinion: Why the humble coffee bean is the answer to Preston’s Unhealthiest High-street label 406 views
- Preston Markets: Frank Whittle Partnership chosen to lead redevelopment of markets area 401 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 7)23 comments
- Preston has topped the list as Britain’s unhealthiest high street7 comments
- Six things Prestonians said on hearing city has unhealthiest high street in the land6 comments
- First Look: New coffee and ice cream bar on Winckley Street7 comments
- Preston city centre businesses hit back at unhealthiest high street report5 comments