Get involved in Preston’s nature this winter
Those who have green fingers can get involved in a host of activities in Preston’s parks this winter.
Preston park rangers will be teaching volunteers how to coppice, plant trees and look after hedgerows.
Traditional coppicing and hurdle making from 1pm to 3pm on Tuesday 29th November at Fishwick Nature Reserve.
Managing and learning about hedgerows takes place at Fishwick Nature Reserve on Thursday 1st December from 1pm to 3pm. Meet at the car park on London Road.
An afternoon of tree planting happens on Saturday 3rd December from 1pm to 3pm in Grange Park. Meet at the Interpretation Centre.
All events are free. For more information call the Parks and Horticulture Services on 01772 906 471.
Image credit to cottongilly
- 20th, November 2011
Most Read posts
- Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures (Part 5)8 comments
- Aldi store confirmed for Queens Retail Park3 comments
- Fracking near Preston: Decision days in late June announced3 comments
- Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures (Part 4)5 comments
- Preston park playgrounds to go smokefree2 comments