Get involved in Preston’s nature this winter
Those who have green fingers can get involved in a host of activities in Preston’s parks this winter.
Preston park rangers will be teaching volunteers how to coppice, plant trees and look after hedgerows.
Traditional coppicing and hurdle making from 1pm to 3pm on Tuesday 29th November at Fishwick Nature Reserve.
Managing and learning about hedgerows takes place at Fishwick Nature Reserve on Thursday 1st December from 1pm to 3pm. Meet at the car park on London Road.
An afternoon of tree planting happens on Saturday 3rd December from 1pm to 3pm in Grange Park. Meet at the Interpretation Centre.
All events are free. For more information call the Parks and Horticulture Services on 01772 906 471.
Image credit to cottongilly
- 20th, November 2011
Our website visitors could be seeing your advert here
Most Read posts
- Wedding guest pair hunted by police after teenagers left with serious injuries 5,956 views
- Preston woman becomes centre of internet storm thanks to Glasgow hostel review 1,759 views
- Preston RSPCA in plea for kitten food 231 views
- Tributes paid to man killed in Fulwood crash 121 views
- Summer Fayre returns to St Walburge’s 116 views