Beverley Knight, X Factor and Corrie stars – All the info for tomorrow’s Christmas lights
A host of stars are due to turn on Preston’s Christmas lights tomorrow in an event on the Flag Market.
Soul singer Beverley Knight, X Factor’s Jonjo Kerr and Coronation Street stars Ryan Thomas (Jason Grimshaw) and Helen Flanagan (Rosie Webster) are due to attend the event which starts at 3:30 tomorrow.
Mark Whittle, Business Improvement District’s Events Manager said: “We are delighted that we’ve managed to secure such recognisable names to help Preston welcome Christmas 2011.
“Our partnership with Real Radio and support from St. George’s Shopping Centre has enabled us to guarantee that this year’s event will be the best to date.
“Not only does the event provide a family friendly reason to bring the city together but in addition, bringing in thousands of people for the event provides a tangible boost in trade for businesses.
“We’ve been working on securing an artist line up to rival any other town or city across the North West and I’m confident we’ve achieved that. It’s a given that Preston’s Switch On event is the benchmark for others in Lancashire.”
You can check out all the key information below.
Location: Flag Market
Time: 3:30 – 6:45pm
Event contact telephone: 01772 653 000
- 18th, November 2011
Most Read posts
- In Pictures: Muse playing at Action Records 15 years ago 652 views
- 53 Degrees to continue hosting shows in New Year 402 views
- Update: Chloe Tate found: Lea teenager had not been seen since Saturday 383 views
- Three Preston carers charged after investigation into alleged neglect at care home 269 views
- Penwortham roadworks to see Golden Way closed overnight 269 views
- Leyland Road water leak hits homes in Penwortham and southern Preston5 comments
- Missing Ribbleton brother and sister Marcus and Pareece Bottomley FOUND safe and well4 comments
- Alive After Five Awards finalists announced as 32,000 votes cast3 comments
- Preston Bus Station: Brake applied to £23 million plan as Conservatives make call-in request5 comments
- Water supply restored to Penwortham and southern Preston after NINE hours2 comments