Beverley Knight, X Factor and Corrie stars – All the info for tomorrow’s Christmas lights
A host of stars are due to turn on Preston’s Christmas lights tomorrow in an event on the Flag Market.
Soul singer Beverley Knight, X Factor’s Jonjo Kerr and Coronation Street stars Ryan Thomas (Jason Grimshaw) and Helen Flanagan (Rosie Webster) are due to attend the event which starts at 3:30 tomorrow.
Mark Whittle, Business Improvement District’s Events Manager said: “We are delighted that we’ve managed to secure such recognisable names to help Preston welcome Christmas 2011.
“Our partnership with Real Radio and support from St. George’s Shopping Centre has enabled us to guarantee that this year’s event will be the best to date.
“Not only does the event provide a family friendly reason to bring the city together but in addition, bringing in thousands of people for the event provides a tangible boost in trade for businesses.
“We’ve been working on securing an artist line up to rival any other town or city across the North West and I’m confident we’ve achieved that. It’s a given that Preston’s Switch On event is the benchmark for others in Lancashire.”
You can check out all the key information below.
Location: Flag Market
Time: 3:30 – 6:45pm
Event contact telephone: 01772 653 000
- 18th, November 2011
Most Read posts
- Jonjo Highton murder: Two further men charged with murder of Deepdale teenager 390 views
- Former Fox and Grapes pub to become cafe-restaurant 380 views
- Jonjo Highton murder: Two more Preston men charged with murder 247 views
- The Continental prepares for 13th beer festival 241 views
- Fulwood Co-op incident: Three people wanted by police after theft and assault 187 views
- Palestinian flag flying in Preston: UKIP call for resignations over flag decision30 comments
- Calls for Israeli flag to fly above Preston Town Hall32 comments
- 3D video of proposed Eastways Hub development released4 comments
- Former member of the Royal Artillery regiment dies at 1023 comments
- Preston Bus Station: County council announcement due in September3 comments