Corrie stars and Beverley Knight to turn on Preston Christmas Lights
Preston’s Christmas Lights will be turned on next month by a host of star names.
Soul singer Beverley Knight, Corrie stars Ryan Thomas (Jason) and Helen Flanagan (Rosie) and Sam Clark (Ringo from Neighbours) will be on the Flag Market to flick the switch.
The big event, which drew a crowd of over 8,000 last year, will take place on Saturday 19th November 2011.
Preston’s Business Improvement District (BID) – who organise the event – chairman Ken Williams said: “Once again we have pulled out all the stops to ensure that we give Preston city centre a huge event to welcome Christmas 2011.
“When I first arrived at St. George’s, the Switch On attracted some 2-3,000 people, last year the event brought more than 8,000 visitors to Preston. It’s a perfect example of partnership working between BID and city centre businesses clearly demonstrating that by working together we can achieve more.”
The lights switch on will take place in association with Real Radio and St George’s Shopping Centre.
It was reported earlier this month an £80,000 fund has been put towards lighting the city’s main shopping areas.
A special two-day festival Lancashire Market will also take place on the Flag Market for two days in December.
Last year’s switch on saw X Factor stars Treyc Cohen and Belle Amie perform.
What do you think about the line-up for the Christmas switch-on? Will you be attending? Let us know your comments below.
- 30th, October 2011
Most Read posts
- Police hunt two men who raided flat above Preston takeaway 1,132 views
- Student raises thousands in pledge to help homeless Robbie in Preston 441 views
- How Preston student’s homeless sleepout has captured the nation’s attention 387 views
- Preston New Year’s Eve 2014 Guide 306 views
- Preston Christmas: Late-night shopping and free car parking times confirmed 153 views
- Leyland Road water leak hits homes in Penwortham and southern Preston5 comments
- Missing Ribbleton brother and sister Marcus and Pareece Bottomley FOUND safe and well4 comments
- Alive After Five Awards finalists announced as 32,000 votes cast3 comments
- Preston Bus Station: Brake applied to £23 million plan as Conservatives make call-in request5 comments
- Water supply restored to Penwortham and southern Preston after NINE hours2 comments