Corrie stars and Beverley Knight to turn on Preston Christmas Lights
Preston’s Christmas Lights will be turned on next month by a host of star names.
Soul singer Beverley Knight, Corrie stars Ryan Thomas (Jason) and Helen Flanagan (Rosie) and Sam Clark (Ringo from Neighbours) will be on the Flag Market to flick the switch.
The big event, which drew a crowd of over 8,000 last year, will take place on Saturday 19th November 2011.
Preston’s Business Improvement District (BID) – who organise the event – chairman Ken Williams said: “Once again we have pulled out all the stops to ensure that we give Preston city centre a huge event to welcome Christmas 2011.
“When I first arrived at St. George’s, the Switch On attracted some 2-3,000 people, last year the event brought more than 8,000 visitors to Preston. It’s a perfect example of partnership working between BID and city centre businesses clearly demonstrating that by working together we can achieve more.”
The lights switch on will take place in association with Real Radio and St George’s Shopping Centre.
It was reported earlier this month an £80,000 fund has been put towards lighting the city’s main shopping areas.
A special two-day festival Lancashire Market will also take place on the Flag Market for two days in December.
Last year’s switch on saw X Factor stars Treyc Cohen and Belle Amie perform.
What do you think about the line-up for the Christmas switch-on? Will you be attending? Let us know your comments below.
- 30th, October 2011
Most Read posts
- Man found dead near Lane Ends Post Office 5,387 views
- Sparrow hawk feasts on pigeon infront of startled Friargate shoppers 1,724 views
- Gridlock city: Why has Preston’s peak-time traffic become so much worse recently? 1,046 views
- Preston Christmas Market opening times announced 803 views
- Preston Western Distributor: Major new road for city moving to next stage 776 views
- Fishergate Gateway development officially opens following completion8 comments
- Preston is officially England’s GLOOMIEST city6 comments
- Win: Tickets to the first Frog and Bucket night at Preston Guild Hall4 comments
- Deepdale tramline and station proposal set for rejection4 comments
- Seven things you said on Fishergate new layout completion4 comments