Corrie stars and Beverley Knight to turn on Preston Christmas Lights
Preston’s Christmas Lights will be turned on next month by a host of star names.
Soul singer Beverley Knight, Corrie stars Ryan Thomas (Jason) and Helen Flanagan (Rosie) and Sam Clark (Ringo from Neighbours) will be on the Flag Market to flick the switch.
The big event, which drew a crowd of over 8,000 last year, will take place on Saturday 19th November 2011.
Preston’s Business Improvement District (BID) – who organise the event – chairman Ken Williams said: “Once again we have pulled out all the stops to ensure that we give Preston city centre a huge event to welcome Christmas 2011.
“When I first arrived at St. George’s, the Switch On attracted some 2-3,000 people, last year the event brought more than 8,000 visitors to Preston. It’s a perfect example of partnership working between BID and city centre businesses clearly demonstrating that by working together we can achieve more.”
The lights switch on will take place in association with Real Radio and St George’s Shopping Centre.
It was reported earlier this month an £80,000 fund has been put towards lighting the city’s main shopping areas.
A special two-day festival Lancashire Market will also take place on the Flag Market for two days in December.
Last year’s switch on saw X Factor stars Treyc Cohen and Belle Amie perform.
What do you think about the line-up for the Christmas switch-on? Will you be attending? Let us know your comments below.
- 30th, October 2011
Most Read posts
- Jonjo Highton murder: Three Preston men charged with murder of Deepdale teenager 6,544 views
- Michelle Keegan to officially open new Preston club Mokai 4,519 views
- The Plau gin bar could open on site of historic former Friargate pub 987 views
- Police appeal as sex offender Byrom Cross could be in Preston area 892 views
- Family pay tribute to teenage cyclist who died in New Hall Lane collision 454 views
- Palestinian flag flying in Preston: UKIP call for resignations over flag decision30 comments
- Calls for Israeli flag to fly above Preston Town Hall32 comments
- 3D video of proposed Eastways Hub development released4 comments
- Former member of the Royal Artillery regiment dies at 1023 comments
- Preston Bus Station: County council announcement due in September3 comments