Corrie stars and Beverley Knight to turn on Preston Christmas Lights
Preston’s Christmas Lights will be turned on next month by a host of star names.
Soul singer Beverley Knight, Corrie stars Ryan Thomas (Jason) and Helen Flanagan (Rosie) and Sam Clark (Ringo from Neighbours) will be on the Flag Market to flick the switch.
The big event, which drew a crowd of over 8,000 last year, will take place on Saturday 19th November 2011.
Preston’s Business Improvement District (BID) – who organise the event – chairman Ken Williams said: “Once again we have pulled out all the stops to ensure that we give Preston city centre a huge event to welcome Christmas 2011.
“When I first arrived at St. George’s, the Switch On attracted some 2-3,000 people, last year the event brought more than 8,000 visitors to Preston. It’s a perfect example of partnership working between BID and city centre businesses clearly demonstrating that by working together we can achieve more.”
The lights switch on will take place in association with Real Radio and St George’s Shopping Centre.
It was reported earlier this month an £80,000 fund has been put towards lighting the city’s main shopping areas.
A special two-day festival Lancashire Market will also take place on the Flag Market for two days in December.
Last year’s switch on saw X Factor stars Treyc Cohen and Belle Amie perform.
What do you think about the line-up for the Christmas switch-on? Will you be attending? Let us know your comments below.
- 30th, October 2011
Most Read posts
- Preston is officially England’s GLOOMIEST city 1,195 views
- In pictures: Preston as it was in 1985 1,128 views
- Fishergate roadworks: Parking crackdown to commence as main shopping street works end 576 views
- Seven things you said on Fishergate new layout completion 557 views
- Northern Preston gridlocked and Grimsargh main road flooded 486 views
- Police to take no action over homophobic leaflets put through doors after Preston Pride event13 comments
- Goosnargh country manor plan for multi-millionaire Preston family is rejected9 comments
- All go for changes to Preston Guild Hall entranceway and new Italian restaurant1 comments
- Foxton Centre scoops nearly £300,000 in lottery funding for cafe project1 comments
- Watch as man skinny dips in the River Ribble2 comments