Police have released CCTV images of three men they wish to speak to in connection with a sexual assault in Preston last weekend.
In the early hours of Sunday 26 June, a 24 year old woman who had been on a night out in the city centre met up with three men on Fishergate, near to the Debenhams store shortly after 4am.
The woman, who is from Leyland, went back to a flat on Waltons Parade, Preston, with the men. However once there she was raped. She then left the flat and walked to Preston railway station, where she alerted a member of the public.
Detectives investigating have released three CCTV images of men they would like to speak to in relation to this, all of whom are described as being of Mediterranean appearance.
Detective Inspector Dave Mckenna said “This is a very serious offence and I would ask the men in the CCTV footage to come forward.
“I would also urge anyone who may recognise the men in the images or who may have any relevant information to contact us as soon as possible”.
You can view the CCTV images of the men here, here and here.
Anyone with any information can contact police on 01772 203203 or via Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Two women have been charged after a series of drugs warrants were executed in Preston.
Margaret Slee, 58, of Trawden Crescent has been charged with possessing heroin and Chanel Carter, 18, of Denville Road has been charged with possessing amphetamine.
Both have been bailed to appear at Preston Magistrates Court on 5 July.
They were arrested when police executed warrants under the Misuse of Drugs Act at properties on Trawden Crescent and Denville Road on Tuesday 28 June.
A 42-year-old woman was also arrested on suspicion of possessing cannabis and has been given an adult caution.
It comes after a warrant was executed at an address on The Coombes on Monday (27 June). Three ounces of cannabis and thousands of pounds in cash was seized at the address.
A 20-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of cannabis and has been released on police bail until 17 August, pending further enquiries.
If you have concerns about drugs, you can report it to the police on 0845 1 25 35 45.
Police are appealing for information after a bogus delivery man walked into a high school in Preston and stole a handbag from one of the offices.
Between 8am and 8.45am on Thursday 5 May, the man entered Our Lady and St Edward’s High School on Lightfoot Lane, Fulwood and wandered around the school.
He went into one of the offices and stole a handbag containing several credit cards before leaving the school unchallenged.
Later that day, one of the stolen credit cards was used at the Royal Bank of Scotland in Leyland to withdraw £3,000.
The bogus delivery man is described as white, around 40-45 years old with a balding, shaved head.
He was wearing a dark hip length jacket, a light blue shirt and dark pants as well as dark rimmed glasses.
Police also have CCTV images of a woman captured inside the Royal Bank of Scotland that they would now like to speak to in connection with the incident. You can view them here, here and here.
PC Mark Brady said: “We are appealing for anybody who has any information at all about this incident to contact police.
“If anybody recognises the description of the bogus delivery man then I would urge them to come forward.
“I am also keen to speak with anybody who thinks they recognise the woman captured on CCTV. Of note, she has a large tattoo on the right side of her neck, under her ear. If you know her, please come forward”.
Anybody with any information is asked to contact police on 08451 25 35 45 or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Two boys who repeatedly caused a nuisance on the Larches and Savick estates in Preston have been given anti-social behaviour orders (ASBOs).
Scott Simpson, 15, of Exeter Place, Ashton and Philip Williams, 17, of West Park Avenue, Ashton had the two-year orders granted against them at Preston Magistrates’ Court.
Both had been responsible for anti-social behaviour including causing noise and using abusive language on the Preston estates.
Larches Community Beat Manager PC Dan White said: “We had received numerous complaints from local residents about the behaviour of these individuals.
“This should reassure residents that we do act on their concerns and should send a strong message to those who commit anti-social behaviour that it will not be tolerated.
“We are committed to acting on the issues that matter to the public most and will continue to work with other agencies to address them.”
The ASBO will prevent them from acting or inciting others to act in an anti-social manner, using threatening language or associating themselves with the following people – Conner McBride, 16, Gary Hall, 18, Liam Byrom, 13, Daniel Rogers, 13, Kyle McGovern, 14, Liam Newton, 18 and Jamie Hassall, 16.
The orders will remain in place until midnight on 16 June 2013.
If you would like to report a breach of this ASBO or acts of anti-social behaviour in your area, contact the police on 0845 1 25 35 45.