No @PrestonSocial this month, but some exciting news
Those of you who normally come along to the Preston Social will have noticed that we’ve been quiet this month. The simple reason is because we haven’t been able to secure an event space.
However, we do have some exciting news for the future of the meetup. We’ve managed to find a permanent home at the Continental.
On an organisational side, this means that we can focus entirely on building the content of the meetup rather than worrying about venues. For attendees, it means that you can put the last Tuesday of every month for the rest of the year in your diary as the Preston Social.
It also means that we’re now open for collaboration with They Eat Culture, who do a fantastic job promoting cultural and artistic events in Preston. We’re looking to partner with them on Preston SYNC and other events in future.
Bringing together several different communities of interest who all have something to offer will only benefit all of those involved.
John Walker, co-founder of the group, is leaving Preston after doing a fantastic job co-ordinating and compering several of our events, so we’re also looking for anyone who’s enjoyed the events so far to take a more hands-on approach with helping co-ordinate speakers and organise it.
The next Preston Social will be held at the Continental on 26 July, and we’ll be releasing details in the next couple of weeks. Thanks to all of you for supporting the event thus far.
- 28th, June 2011
Most Read posts
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (Final part 10) 1,073 views
- Chinese student captures breathtaking pictures of Preston skyline 233 views
- Police reissue appeal to find Jordan Standing following Avenham assault 232 views
- Preston North End join Wade Barrett on wrestling stage 192 views
- Preston Roller Girls celebrate first victory in British Championship as derby girl plays on despite fractured sternum 119 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 9)13 comments
- Preston FM to re-launch as City Beat4 comments
- Chinese student captures breathtaking pictures of Preston skyline2 comments
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (Final part 10)2 comments
- Preston author reveals his unpublished story of George Formby’s fiancee, Pat Howson1 comments