No @PrestonSocial this month, but some exciting news
Those of you who normally come along to the Preston Social will have noticed that we’ve been quiet this month. The simple reason is because we haven’t been able to secure an event space.
However, we do have some exciting news for the future of the meetup. We’ve managed to find a permanent home at the Continental.
On an organisational side, this means that we can focus entirely on building the content of the meetup rather than worrying about venues. For attendees, it means that you can put the last Tuesday of every month for the rest of the year in your diary as the Preston Social.
It also means that we’re now open for collaboration with They Eat Culture, who do a fantastic job promoting cultural and artistic events in Preston. We’re looking to partner with them on Preston SYNC and other events in future.
Bringing together several different communities of interest who all have something to offer will only benefit all of those involved.
John Walker, co-founder of the group, is leaving Preston after doing a fantastic job co-ordinating and compering several of our events, so we’re also looking for anyone who’s enjoyed the events so far to take a more hands-on approach with helping co-ordinate speakers and organise it.
The next Preston Social will be held at the Continental on 26 July, and we’ll be releasing details in the next couple of weeks. Thanks to all of you for supporting the event thus far.
- 28th, June 2011
Most Read posts
- Snow warning: Preston expected to see some snow during Wednesday and Thursday 1,362 views
- Preston dog owner fined £220 for failing to clear up dog poo 557 views
- J.D. Wetherspoon introduce Lloyds No.1 Bar, ‘The Twelve Tellers’ to Preston 314 views
- Police look for man after he exposed himself to children on disused Ribbleton railway line 107 views
- ‘Kiss and Ride’ now in operation at Preston Train Station 106 views
- J.D. Wetherspoon introduce Lloyds No.1 Bar, ‘The Twelve Tellers’ to Preston4 comments
- New Preston city centre Wetherspoons to be called Twelve Tellers and serve booze until 2am5 comments
- Preston dog owner fined £220 for failing to clear up dog poo3 comments
- Blog Preston launches mobile and tablet app8 comments
- Belladonna’s Boudoir to open on Cannon Street1 comments