New Preston Tringe venues announced
Preston Tringe Festival organisers have announced that two new venues have been confirmed for this year’s festival.
The Arts & Media Centre, which also houses community radio station Preston FM and opened officially to the public last week, is based in a former school building in the centre of town, with the festival set to be amongst the first to use the building.
Festival Director Sam Buist said of the new venues: “We are very excited to have Preston’s premier comedy club at the Preston Tringe which we hope will bring in acts that can raise the profile of the Tringe, as well as establishing the Tringe amongst a new audience.
“We are also delighted to have the opportunity to work with as established an organisation as Prescap and we also believe the style of venue will bring a nice balance to the existing format of the festival”.
The Tringe festival is scheduled to begin on Thursday 21st July and will run until Sunday 31st July. The organisers are still taking applications for events, with application forms available online (prestontringe.co.uk).
Full details of the programme will be released in May 2011, when we’ll have lots of Tringe coverage on Blog Preston.
- 23rd, February 2011
Most Read posts
- Seven things you said on Fishergate new layout completion 1,790 views
- In pictures: Preston as it was in 1985 1,606 views
- Preston is officially England’s GLOOMIEST city 592 views
- New nightclub Factory opening in Preston on October 31 512 views
- Deepdale tramline and station proposal set for rejection 393 views
- Fishergate Gateway development officially opens following completion8 comments
- Preston is officially England’s GLOOMIEST city4 comments
- Seven things you said on Fishergate new layout completion4 comments
- Roadworks city: Extra funding means Preston potholes blitz3 comments
- Deepdale tramline and station proposal set for rejection3 comments