New Preston Tringe venues announced
Preston Tringe Festival organisers have announced that two new venues have been confirmed for this year’s festival.
The Arts & Media Centre, which also houses community radio station Preston FM and opened officially to the public last week, is based in a former school building in the centre of town, with the festival set to be amongst the first to use the building.
Festival Director Sam Buist said of the new venues: “We are very excited to have Preston’s premier comedy club at the Preston Tringe which we hope will bring in acts that can raise the profile of the Tringe, as well as establishing the Tringe amongst a new audience.
“We are also delighted to have the opportunity to work with as established an organisation as Prescap and we also believe the style of venue will bring a nice balance to the existing format of the festival”.
The Tringe festival is scheduled to begin on Thursday 21st July and will run until Sunday 31st July. The organisers are still taking applications for events, with application forms available online (prestontringe.co.uk).
Full details of the programme will be released in May 2011, when we’ll have lots of Tringe coverage on Blog Preston.
- 23rd, February 2011
Most Read posts
- Goosnargh country manor plan for multi-millionaire Preston family is rejected 1,458 views
- Preston student lock-in: Made in Chelsea Stars to visit St George’s Shopping Centre 431 views
- Police to take no action over homophobic leaflets put through doors after Preston Pride event 424 views
- Pancake specialists The Interesting Eating Company open inside Deepdale mountaineering store 348 views
- Scare Kingdom attraction returns to Preston in October 314 views
- Palestinian flag flying in Preston: UKIP call for resignations over flag decision30 comments
- Calls for Israeli flag to fly above Preston Town Hall32 comments
- 3D video of proposed Eastways Hub development released4 comments
- Former member of the Royal Artillery regiment dies at 1023 comments
- Preston Bus Station: County council announcement due in September3 comments