New Preston Tringe venues announced
Preston Tringe Festival organisers have announced that two new venues have been confirmed for this year’s festival.
The Arts & Media Centre, which also houses community radio station Preston FM and opened officially to the public last week, is based in a former school building in the centre of town, with the festival set to be amongst the first to use the building.
Festival Director Sam Buist said of the new venues: “We are very excited to have Preston’s premier comedy club at the Preston Tringe which we hope will bring in acts that can raise the profile of the Tringe, as well as establishing the Tringe amongst a new audience.
“We are also delighted to have the opportunity to work with as established an organisation as Prescap and we also believe the style of venue will bring a nice balance to the existing format of the festival”.
The Tringe festival is scheduled to begin on Thursday 21st July and will run until Sunday 31st July. The organisers are still taking applications for events, with application forms available online (prestontringe.co.uk).
Full details of the programme will be released in May 2011, when we’ll have lots of Tringe coverage on Blog Preston.
- 23rd, February 2011
Most Read posts
- In pictures: Turtle Bay gets ready to open 893 views
- In Pictures: Muse playing at Action Records 15 years ago 845 views
- Lost and soggy teddy bear found outside Preston Town Hall 748 views
- Plungington smash causes rush hour delays 693 views
- Update: Chloe Tate found: Lea teenager had not been seen since Saturday 669 views
- Leyland Road water leak hits homes in Penwortham and southern Preston5 comments
- Missing Ribbleton brother and sister Marcus and Pareece Bottomley FOUND safe and well4 comments
- Alive After Five Awards finalists announced as 32,000 votes cast3 comments
- Preston Bus Station: Brake applied to £23 million plan as Conservatives make call-in request5 comments
- Water supply restored to Penwortham and southern Preston after NINE hours2 comments