New Preston Tringe venues announced
Preston Tringe Festival organisers have announced that two new venues have been confirmed for this year’s festival.
The Arts & Media Centre, which also houses community radio station Preston FM and opened officially to the public last week, is based in a former school building in the centre of town, with the festival set to be amongst the first to use the building.
Festival Director Sam Buist said of the new venues: “We are very excited to have Preston’s premier comedy club at the Preston Tringe which we hope will bring in acts that can raise the profile of the Tringe, as well as establishing the Tringe amongst a new audience.
“We are also delighted to have the opportunity to work with as established an organisation as Prescap and we also believe the style of venue will bring a nice balance to the existing format of the festival”.
The Tringe festival is scheduled to begin on Thursday 21st July and will run until Sunday 31st July. The organisers are still taking applications for events, with application forms available online (prestontringe.co.uk).
Full details of the programme will be released in May 2011, when we’ll have lots of Tringe coverage on Blog Preston.
- 23rd, February 2011
Most Read posts
- Gang armed with baseball bats and machetes attack cash van at Ribbleton newsagents 1,604 views
- Man found dead near Lane Ends Post Office 1,092 views
- New Fulwood supermarket plan could go ahead despite threat to derail Ingol redevelopment 572 views
- Bonfire Night 2014: Firework displays in and around Preston 566 views
- Preston City Centre Plan: Council strategy aims to tackle Preston’s empty shops problem 523 views
- Fishergate Gateway development officially opens following completion8 comments
- Preston is officially England’s GLOOMIEST city6 comments
- Win: Tickets to the first Frog and Bucket night at Preston Guild Hall4 comments
- Deepdale tramline and station proposal set for rejection4 comments
- Seven things you said on Fishergate new layout completion4 comments