New Preston Tringe venues announced
Preston Tringe Festival organisers have announced that two new venues have been confirmed for this year’s festival.
The Arts & Media Centre, which also houses community radio station Preston FM and opened officially to the public last week, is based in a former school building in the centre of town, with the festival set to be amongst the first to use the building.
Festival Director Sam Buist said of the new venues: “We are very excited to have Preston’s premier comedy club at the Preston Tringe which we hope will bring in acts that can raise the profile of the Tringe, as well as establishing the Tringe amongst a new audience.
“We are also delighted to have the opportunity to work with as established an organisation as Prescap and we also believe the style of venue will bring a nice balance to the existing format of the festival”.
The Tringe festival is scheduled to begin on Thursday 21st July and will run until Sunday 31st July. The organisers are still taking applications for events, with application forms available online (prestontringe.co.uk).
Full details of the programme will be released in May 2011, when we’ll have lots of Tringe coverage on Blog Preston.
- 23rd, February 2011
Most Read posts
- Joshua Bolton and Chloe Womack missing: Two Preston teenagers not seen since Wednesday 1,711 views
- Watch: AJ’s Dream flashmob takes over Friargate and Flag Market 1,460 views
- Six things Prestonians said on hearing city has unhealthiest high street in the land 1,425 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 7) 1,183 views
- Milda Okunyte RIP: Police appeal to piece together Preston student’s final movements 400 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 7)23 comments
- Preston has topped the list as Britain’s unhealthiest high street7 comments
- Six things Prestonians said on hearing city has unhealthiest high street in the land6 comments
- First Look: New coffee and ice cream bar on Winckley Street7 comments
- Preston city centre businesses hit back at unhealthiest high street report5 comments