Guild 2012 volunteer program launched
The volunteer programme for Preston Guild 2012 has now launched and organisers are calling on as many people as possible to sign up in order to ensure that next year’s celebration is successful.
There are a wide range of opportunities available, from stewarding at events, getting involved in community projects, or marketing and administrative support in the Guild office.
Full details of how to become a volunteer (named ‘Guilders’) are on the new Preston Guild website. Anybody aged 16 years or over will be able to apply online for the volunteering roles that interest them.
Councillor Ken Hudson, Leader of the Council, said: “Guilders will play an essential role in making Preston Guild 2012 a fantastic and memorable event, and the Preston Guild 2012 volunteer programme is now open for applications.”
The first volunteer recruitment day will be held in the Guild Hall on Monday March 14th 2011. In order to be invited to the event, people need to have their application submitted by the end of February 2011.
There will be further recruitment days throughout 2011 and 2012, and online applications can be submitted at any time.
You can also learn more about the benefits of volunteering and the different opportunities available by speaking to the Guild Volunteer Co-ordinator at this month’s Guild Roadshow events, or at the Area Forum meetings taking place throughout March.
- 18th, February 2011
Most Read posts
- Jonjo Highton murder: Three Preston men charged with murder of Deepdale teenager 2,787 views
- Police called to serious collision on New Hall Lane 2,114 views
- Boy cyclist dies following New Hall Lane collision 1,534 views
- Jonjo Highton murder: Police appeal to find two cars linked to Deepdale stabbing 917 views
- The Plau gin bar could open on site of historic former Friargate pub 514 views
- Palestinian flag flying in Preston: UKIP call for resignations over flag decision30 comments
- Calls for Israeli flag to fly above Preston Town Hall32 comments
- 3D video of proposed Eastways Hub development released4 comments
- Former member of the Royal Artillery regiment dies at 1023 comments
- Preston Bus Station: County council announcement due in September3 comments