Guild 2012 volunteer program launched
The volunteer programme for Preston Guild 2012 has now launched and organisers are calling on as many people as possible to sign up in order to ensure that next year’s celebration is successful.
There are a wide range of opportunities available, from stewarding at events, getting involved in community projects, or marketing and administrative support in the Guild office.
Full details of how to become a volunteer (named ‘Guilders’) are on the new Preston Guild website. Anybody aged 16 years or over will be able to apply online for the volunteering roles that interest them.
Councillor Ken Hudson, Leader of the Council, said: “Guilders will play an essential role in making Preston Guild 2012 a fantastic and memorable event, and the Preston Guild 2012 volunteer programme is now open for applications.”
The first volunteer recruitment day will be held in the Guild Hall on Monday March 14th 2011. In order to be invited to the event, people need to have their application submitted by the end of February 2011.
There will be further recruitment days throughout 2011 and 2012, and online applications can be submitted at any time.
You can also learn more about the benefits of volunteering and the different opportunities available by speaking to the Guild Volunteer Co-ordinator at this month’s Guild Roadshow events, or at the Area Forum meetings taking place throughout March.
- 18th, February 2011
Most Read posts
- Preston City Council anounces a freeze on pay and display car park charges 191 views
- Lancashire council defers Cuadrilla fracking decision for at least eight weeks amidst huge protests 87 views
- New: Exciting new wine bar Review coming to Preston Guild Hall 81 views
- Moor Park to Host to Rockprest Festival in July 2015 53 views
- Preston dog owner fined £220 for failing to clear up dog poo 49 views
- Preston dog owner fined £220 for failing to clear up dog poo6 comments
- Moor Park to Host to Rockprest Festival in July 20154 comments
- A brief history of Preston’s former public tramways5 comments
- Police close Lane Ends as man hit by car5 comments
- Blog Preston launches mobile and tablet app8 comments