Withy Trees pub given ‘dream’ refurbishment
The Withy Trees pub has been given a fresh lease of life thanks to a new ownership and refurbishment.
Situated on Lytham Road, Fulwood, the pub had been in a downward spiral until the last landlord’s licence was revoked.
Lisa Gosling, a local nurse in want of change, pitched her business plan for the failing pub. Without any experience in the industry Lisa felt she had little chance of her dream coming to light. To gain firsthand experience she applied for bar staff work at The Withy Trees:
“It worked really well for me, the regulars and the other staff got to know me as me, so when all the gossip [of a new landlady] was being generated, I ended up saying actually it’s me! Everybody was thrilled; I got a lot of positives from it.”
Lisa, alongside husband Andy, put their success down to their fresh look on the industry: “They wanted somebody fresh, somebody new, somebody with ideas. Not somebody that has been in the business for 20 years and is set in their ways.”
The Punch Tavern has invested £200,000 in the refurbishment of The Withy Tree. This has allowed for a complete alteration to both the interior and exterior of the building. Lisa said: “I love when people walk through the front door and are like wow!”
After the strong turnout for their grand opening last weekend, Lisa and Andy have planned a variety of future events. These events cater to their varied regulars, ranging from 18 to 80 year olds.
Andy said: “It’s about having something different to offer, that’s how you run a good pub”. With the addition of Wi-Fi, a complete refurbishment, the largest beer garden in Preston and two new chefs, The Withy Trees certainly has something different to offer everybody.
To continue following the Gosling’s success and find more information on their forthcoming events please see here.
- 8th, December 2010
Most Read posts
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 3) 4,469 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 2) 319 views
- Hogarths to host 1920’s night 233 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures 217 views
- Preston weather warning: Snow and ice expected through until Monday morning 193 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 3)15 comments
- Fishergate roadworks: Trees to be cut down as work continues10 comments
- Opinion: Why council tax HAS to rise in Preston…9 comments
- Welcome to Adelphi Square: University of Central Lancashire unveils giant new redevelopment plan21 comments
- Could Acregate pub become a new Muslim school for the Blind?5 comments