Northern Area Forum – Planning Sites Visualised
We covered the Northern Area Forum held at St Pius School, Garstang Road last week. It focused on a wide range of sites suggested by developers, land owners and members of the public all across northern Preston, encompassing Cadley, Greyfriars and Sharoe Green.
With an overwhelming amount of sites to take in, I thought it’d be good to visualise some of the information rather than simply listing the proposed areas for development. To that end, I’ve broken down the proposed sites into a pie chart so you can see what the focus is on. Housing is clearly the most prominent category followed by ‘Mixed Use’.
Click on the image below for an interactive look at the pie chart.
The second thing I did was to put all these sites on a map and colour-code them.
View Planning in a larger map
Housing sites are shaded in yellow, Mixed Use in blue, Employment in red, ‘More than one suggested use’ in purple and Affordable Housing in green. Hopefully this will help you look at sites that are proposed near you.
The public consultation process continues into 2011 so if you have any issues you’d like to raise go along to the next Area Forum. We’ll be there live tweeting and asking questions, so if you won’t be able to make it don’t hesitate to send us your queries and we’ll make sure they get heard.
- 15th, November 2010
Most Read posts
- Scare Kingdom attraction returns to Preston in October 738 views
- Flag Market film screenings including Frozen for Preston’s Familyfest 177 views
- Controversial Psychomanteum attraction returns to Scare Kingdom 163 views
- Basshunter DJs at Evoque Preston as Freshers Week continues 101 views
- Lancashire Police open day: Saturday date added due to exceptional demand 84 views
- Palestinian flag flying in Preston: UKIP call for resignations over flag decision30 comments
- Calls for Israeli flag to fly above Preston Town Hall32 comments
- 3D video of proposed Eastways Hub development released4 comments
- Former member of the Royal Artillery regiment dies at 1023 comments
- Preston Bus Station: County council announcement due in September3 comments