Northern Area Forum – Planning Sites Visualised
We covered the Northern Area Forum held at St Pius School, Garstang Road last week. It focused on a wide range of sites suggested by developers, land owners and members of the public all across northern Preston, encompassing Cadley, Greyfriars and Sharoe Green.
With an overwhelming amount of sites to take in, I thought it’d be good to visualise some of the information rather than simply listing the proposed areas for development. To that end, I’ve broken down the proposed sites into a pie chart so you can see what the focus is on. Housing is clearly the most prominent category followed by ‘Mixed Use’.
Click on the image below for an interactive look at the pie chart.
The second thing I did was to put all these sites on a map and colour-code them.
View Planning in a larger map
Housing sites are shaded in yellow, Mixed Use in blue, Employment in red, ‘More than one suggested use’ in purple and Affordable Housing in green. Hopefully this will help you look at sites that are proposed near you.
The public consultation process continues into 2011 so if you have any issues you’d like to raise go along to the next Area Forum. We’ll be there live tweeting and asking questions, so if you won’t be able to make it don’t hesitate to send us your queries and we’ll make sure they get heard.
- 15th, November 2010
Most Read posts
- Car found flipped on its side in Penwortham 694 views
- A582 widening: Public invited to give views as Penwortham dual carriageway plan moves forward 361 views
- Capitol Centre changes: Vue Cinema and Frankie and Benny’s restaurant could be demolished 248 views
- Preston supermarkets Christmas 2014 opening hours 151 views
- Five times Preston caught the world’s imagination in 2014 116 views
- Leyland Road water leak hits homes in Penwortham and southern Preston5 comments
- Missing Ribbleton brother and sister Marcus and Pareece Bottomley FOUND safe and well4 comments
- Alive After Five Awards finalists announced as 32,000 votes cast3 comments
- Preston Bus Station: Brake applied to £23 million plan as Conservatives make call-in request5 comments
- Water supply restored to Penwortham and southern Preston after NINE hours2 comments