Northern Area Forum – Planning Sites Visualised
We covered the Northern Area Forum held at St Pius School, Garstang Road last week. It focused on a wide range of sites suggested by developers, land owners and members of the public all across northern Preston, encompassing Cadley, Greyfriars and Sharoe Green.
With an overwhelming amount of sites to take in, I thought it’d be good to visualise some of the information rather than simply listing the proposed areas for development. To that end, I’ve broken down the proposed sites into a pie chart so you can see what the focus is on. Housing is clearly the most prominent category followed by ‘Mixed Use’.
Click on the image below for an interactive look at the pie chart.
The second thing I did was to put all these sites on a map and colour-code them.
View Planning in a larger map
Housing sites are shaded in yellow, Mixed Use in blue, Employment in red, ‘More than one suggested use’ in purple and Affordable Housing in green. Hopefully this will help you look at sites that are proposed near you.
The public consultation process continues into 2011 so if you have any issues you’d like to raise go along to the next Area Forum. We’ll be there live tweeting and asking questions, so if you won’t be able to make it don’t hesitate to send us your queries and we’ll make sure they get heard.
- 15th, November 2010
Most Read posts
- Preston has topped the list as Britain’s unhealthiest high street 4,068 views
- Preston New Road hit and run: Police appeal to find family of woman found lying in the road 2,061 views
- Preston city centre businesses hit back at unhealthiest high street report 634 views
- Preston Station bar assault: CCTV images released in police appeal 555 views
- First Look: New coffee and ice cream bar on Winckley Street 272 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 6)10 comments
- Preston has topped the list as Britain’s unhealthiest high street5 comments
- Preston New Road hit and run: Police appeal to find family of woman found lying in the road3 comments
- Preston hosts it’s very first Color Run2 comments
- Major reorganisation of the Harris Museum and Library planned2 comments