Northern Area Forum – Planning Sites Visualised
We covered the Northern Area Forum held at St Pius School, Garstang Road last week. It focused on a wide range of sites suggested by developers, land owners and members of the public all across northern Preston, encompassing Cadley, Greyfriars and Sharoe Green.
With an overwhelming amount of sites to take in, I thought it’d be good to visualise some of the information rather than simply listing the proposed areas for development. To that end, I’ve broken down the proposed sites into a pie chart so you can see what the focus is on. Housing is clearly the most prominent category followed by ‘Mixed Use’.
Click on the image below for an interactive look at the pie chart.
The second thing I did was to put all these sites on a map and colour-code them.
View Planning in a larger map
Housing sites are shaded in yellow, Mixed Use in blue, Employment in red, ‘More than one suggested use’ in purple and Affordable Housing in green. Hopefully this will help you look at sites that are proposed near you.
The public consultation process continues into 2011 so if you have any issues you’d like to raise go along to the next Area Forum. We’ll be there live tweeting and asking questions, so if you won’t be able to make it don’t hesitate to send us your queries and we’ll make sure they get heard.
- 15th, November 2010
Most Read posts
- Update: Chloe Tate found: Lea teenager had not been seen since Saturday 1,002 views
- In pictures: Turtle Bay gets ready to open 798 views
- Preston Christmas Market opening times announced 269 views
- Missing Ribbleton teenager Melissa Hughes found by police 241 views
- D’urton Lane homes: Large housing development plan submitted for Broughton 210 views
- Preston Market plans: Architects to be confirmed for next step in Indoor Market demolition7 comments
- Opinion: Why art-deco beauty Lancastria House needs to be saved from Preston Markets plan5 comments
- Watch: Replay back #AskRankin our debate with Preston City Council leader Peter Rankin4 comments
- Bonfire Night 2014: Firework displays in and around Preston3 comments
- Deepdale tramline: Councillors defer decision as Preston tramline moves small step closer3 comments