AND Festival arrives in Preston
Abandon Normal Devices (AND) Festival rolls into Preston this weekend with a programme of events kicking off with Simon Faithfull’s Fake Moon (see below) and finishing up with an inflatable cinema and an art/science experiment in an ice cream van! The travelling new media and art festival is landing in locations across the north-west and this weekend it’s Preston’s turn. Here are the dates & times for your diary.
Fake Moon by Simon Faithfull
Fri 26 & 27 March: From 8pm
Preston City Centre
For two nights only visitors to Preston will be bathed in the fake moonlight of a strange apparition. This event is weather dependent.
Recent Findings Simon Faithfull
Sat 27 & Sun 28 March: Sat 10am – 5pm, Sun 11am – 4pm
The Harris Museum & Art Gallery
The British premiere of Simon Faithfull includes two brand new works, which look at the way the artist continually questions, measures and tests his own experience of the world.
Preview Friday 26th March 6.30pm – 8pm
Exhibition continues until Sat 5 June.
Big M – ISIS Arts
Sat 27 – Sun 28 March: 11am – 5pm
AND is teaming up with the world’s first inflatable cinema to present an experimental and diverse film programme in the heart of Preston.
The Cloud Project
Flag Market Square
Saturday 27th March: 11am – 5pm
Join AND on a delicious sensory journey as this unique art and science experiment tours across the region in an ice-cream van. Cat and Zoe will be serving nano ice-cream, creating strawberry flavoured clouds and exploring developments in nanotechnology.
Image Credit: Big M Isis Arts courtesy of AND Festival
- 25th, March 2010
Most Read posts
- Wanted sex offender Leanne Gilder could be in Preston 6,144 views
- Shanice Romanienko missing: Police growing concerned for Preston teenager 1,931 views
- Preston’s first ever Comic Convention brings in the crowds to Guild Hall 529 views
- In pictures: Preston as it was in 1985 480 views
- Bonfire Night 2014: Firework displays in and around Preston 391 views
- Fishergate Gateway development officially opens following completion8 comments
- Preston is officially England’s GLOOMIEST city6 comments
- Win: Tickets to the first Frog and Bucket night at Preston Guild Hall4 comments
- Deepdale tramline and station proposal set for rejection4 comments
- Seven things you said on Fishergate new layout completion4 comments