AND Festival arrives in Preston
Abandon Normal Devices (AND) Festival rolls into Preston this weekend with a programme of events kicking off with Simon Faithfull’s Fake Moon (see below) and finishing up with an inflatable cinema and an art/science experiment in an ice cream van! The travelling new media and art festival is landing in locations across the north-west and this weekend it’s Preston’s turn. Here are the dates & times for your diary.
Fake Moon by Simon Faithfull
Fri 26 & 27 March: From 8pm
Preston City Centre
For two nights only visitors to Preston will be bathed in the fake moonlight of a strange apparition. This event is weather dependent.
Recent Findings Simon Faithfull
Sat 27 & Sun 28 March: Sat 10am – 5pm, Sun 11am – 4pm
The Harris Museum & Art Gallery
The British premiere of Simon Faithfull includes two brand new works, which look at the way the artist continually questions, measures and tests his own experience of the world.
Preview Friday 26th March 6.30pm – 8pm
Exhibition continues until Sat 5 June.
Big M – ISIS Arts
Sat 27 – Sun 28 March: 11am – 5pm
AND is teaming up with the world’s first inflatable cinema to present an experimental and diverse film programme in the heart of Preston.
The Cloud Project
Flag Market Square
Saturday 27th March: 11am – 5pm
Join AND on a delicious sensory journey as this unique art and science experiment tours across the region in an ice-cream van. Cat and Zoe will be serving nano ice-cream, creating strawberry flavoured clouds and exploring developments in nanotechnology.
Image Credit: Big M Isis Arts courtesy of AND Festival
- 25th, March 2010
Most Read posts
- Milda Okunyte RIP: Friends gather to celebrate artistic creativity of Lithuanian student who died on Tuesday 305 views
- Preston runaway teenagers found safe and well by police 250 views
- Opinion: Why the humble coffee bean is the answer to Preston’s Unhealthiest High-street label 204 views
- Met Office issues severe weather warning with both wind and rain expected 152 views
- Broadband boost for Preston’s small businesses 141 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 7)24 comments
- Preston city centre businesses hit back at unhealthiest high street report6 comments
- Preston has topped the list as Britain’s unhealthiest high street7 comments
- Six things Prestonians said on hearing city has unhealthiest high street in the land6 comments
- Opinion: Why the humble coffee bean is the answer to Preston’s Unhealthiest High-street label5 comments