Random yet fun post! Thought I’d play town planner for the day & list what I’d like to see in Preston’s city centre…Here’s my personal Top 10…
1. A whacking great big kid’s play area, on the scale of Withy Grove Park Play area in Bamber Bridge, with a skate park, BMX ramps, fountains, picnic tables & cafe for families.
2. An independent cinema.
3. Cultural quarter with subsidised artist’s workshops, offices, an exhibition space and shop.
4. Tramlines, cycle routes & zero traffic.
5. A shopping arcade dedicated to independent retailers.
6. More artwork from spray can murals to mosaics to temporary, quirky sculptures.
7. Roller skating rink.
8. Mango, Zara & Mac.
9. A soup kitchen(cheap, nutricious, healthy food for all!).
10. A yoga, tai chi & meditation centre accessible to all.
Oh yes…and an Olympic sized swimming pool & a city farm too!
What would you like to see in the city centre?
Leave your comments here & let everyone know!
Image credit: Tony Worrall
Mural: Star Youth Club, Ashton, Preston. Mural was painted by the young people from the club with the help of the team at Zap Grafitti Arts.