140 Coffee, a true social media cafe in Preston?
It used to be called Harbls, and probably numerous other names before that, but it’s been taken over by a new owner and we got chatting with him before we left and he’s got interesting plans for the place.
Instead of just selling you coffee, it also plans to host a range of events and be a true social media cafe – using tools such as twitter, flickr, last fm and wordpress to reach out to the Preston community and create a community around the cafe.
It’s also stocking Orangina (remember that!), selling handmade cards, has a rather relaxed approach to being a library and the owner controls the music playing via a Last FM application on his iPhone.
Franky, the owner, has put a lot of time into doing the place up and establishing a good (free for customers) wireless connection. The place has the feel of a real independent coffee store and the ethos to match in its aims and hopes.
If you fancy a coffee and a place to surf the web, 140 Coffee is the place to go – especially if you’re sick of Cafe Nero, Costa and Starbucks.
- 31st, May 2009
Most Read posts
- In pictures: Preston as it was in 1985 2,002 views
- Seven things you said on Fishergate new layout completion 1,820 views
- Preston is officially England’s GLOOMIEST city 674 views
- New nightclub Factory opening in Preston on October 31 616 views
- Deepdale tramline and station proposal set for rejection 435 views
- Fishergate Gateway development officially opens following completion8 comments
- Preston is officially England’s GLOOMIEST city4 comments
- Seven things you said on Fishergate new layout completion4 comments
- Roadworks city: Extra funding means Preston potholes blitz3 comments
- Deepdale tramline and station proposal set for rejection3 comments