140 Coffee, a true social media cafe in Preston?
It used to be called Harbls, and probably numerous other names before that, but it’s been taken over by a new owner and we got chatting with him before we left and he’s got interesting plans for the place.
Instead of just selling you coffee, it also plans to host a range of events and be a true social media cafe – using tools such as twitter, flickr, last fm and wordpress to reach out to the Preston community and create a community around the cafe.
It’s also stocking Orangina (remember that!), selling handmade cards, has a rather relaxed approach to being a library and the owner controls the music playing via a Last FM application on his iPhone.
Franky, the owner, has put a lot of time into doing the place up and establishing a good (free for customers) wireless connection. The place has the feel of a real independent coffee store and the ethos to match in its aims and hopes.
If you fancy a coffee and a place to surf the web, 140 Coffee is the place to go – especially if you’re sick of Cafe Nero, Costa and Starbucks.
- 31st, May 2009
Most Read posts
- Deepdale litter lout fined for a second time over rubbish bags 470 views
- Broughton Printers site put up for sale 278 views
- Preston It Smiles Better Awards: Finalists shortlist announced 207 views
- Morrisons cash thief wanted by police in Preston 203 views
- Shoplifting suspect wanted after Co-Op theft in Plungington 143 views
- Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures (Part 2)9 comments
- Election 2015: UKIP Preston candidate James Barker complains after not being included in Preston College hustings14 comments
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 7)31 comments
- UCLan Students’ Union hosts ‘puppy room’ for stressed out academics5 comments
- The Guild Ale House planned for listed building in Preston city centre3 comments