140 Coffee, a true social media cafe in Preston?
It used to be called Harbls, and probably numerous other names before that, but it’s been taken over by a new owner and we got chatting with him before we left and he’s got interesting plans for the place.
Instead of just selling you coffee, it also plans to host a range of events and be a true social media cafe – using tools such as twitter, flickr, last fm and wordpress to reach out to the Preston community and create a community around the cafe.
It’s also stocking Orangina (remember that!), selling handmade cards, has a rather relaxed approach to being a library and the owner controls the music playing via a Last FM application on his iPhone.
Franky, the owner, has put a lot of time into doing the place up and establishing a good (free for customers) wireless connection. The place has the feel of a real independent coffee store and the ethos to match in its aims and hopes.
If you fancy a coffee and a place to surf the web, 140 Coffee is the place to go – especially if you’re sick of Cafe Nero, Costa and Starbucks.
- 31st, May 2009
Most Read posts
- Five women arrested after mass brawl outside Preston nightclub 2,485 views
- Penwortham girl dies during Cadley FC under-16s match 2,436 views
- In pictures: Preston as it was in 1985 695 views
- Former Ingol bakery to become new takeaway 612 views
- Fishergate roadworks: Parking crackdown to commence as main shopping street works end 593 views
- Police to take no action over homophobic leaflets put through doors after Preston Pride event13 comments
- Goosnargh country manor plan for multi-millionaire Preston family is rejected9 comments
- All go for changes to Preston Guild Hall entranceway and new Italian restaurant1 comments
- Foxton Centre scoops nearly £300,000 in lottery funding for cafe project1 comments
- Watch as man skinny dips in the River Ribble2 comments