140 Coffee, a true social media cafe in Preston?
It used to be called Harbls, and probably numerous other names before that, but it’s been taken over by a new owner and we got chatting with him before we left and he’s got interesting plans for the place.
Instead of just selling you coffee, it also plans to host a range of events and be a true social media cafe – using tools such as twitter, flickr, last fm and wordpress to reach out to the Preston community and create a community around the cafe.
It’s also stocking Orangina (remember that!), selling handmade cards, has a rather relaxed approach to being a library and the owner controls the music playing via a Last FM application on his iPhone.
Franky, the owner, has put a lot of time into doing the place up and establishing a good (free for customers) wireless connection. The place has the feel of a real independent coffee store and the ethos to match in its aims and hopes.
If you fancy a coffee and a place to surf the web, 140 Coffee is the place to go – especially if you’re sick of Cafe Nero, Costa and Starbucks.
- 31st, May 2009
Most Read posts
- Could Acregate pub become a new Muslim school for the Blind? 348 views
- PNE legend Jon Macken signs for Bamber Bridge 265 views
- Competition launched to design Preston bus station’s Youth Zone. 232 views
- DanceTalent flashmob takes over Preston Railway Station with Uptown Funk 172 views
- Evofit appeal after woman, 19, assaulted during street robbery 146 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 2)19 comments
- ‘Clothes are not Consent’ Protesters to Walk Through Preston in March4 comments
- Fishergate roadworks: Trees to be cut down as work continues4 comments
- Could Acregate pub become a new Muslim school for the Blind?4 comments
- Designs revealed for £1million renovation of Winckley Square Gardens8 comments