140 Coffee, a true social media cafe in Preston?
It used to be called Harbls, and probably numerous other names before that, but it’s been taken over by a new owner and we got chatting with him before we left and he’s got interesting plans for the place.
Instead of just selling you coffee, it also plans to host a range of events and be a true social media cafe – using tools such as twitter, flickr, last fm and wordpress to reach out to the Preston community and create a community around the cafe.
It’s also stocking Orangina (remember that!), selling handmade cards, has a rather relaxed approach to being a library and the owner controls the music playing via a Last FM application on his iPhone.
Franky, the owner, has put a lot of time into doing the place up and establishing a good (free for customers) wireless connection. The place has the feel of a real independent coffee store and the ethos to match in its aims and hopes.
If you fancy a coffee and a place to surf the web, 140 Coffee is the place to go – especially if you’re sick of Cafe Nero, Costa and Starbucks.
- 31st, May 2009
Most Read posts
- Preston footballer Clarke Carlisle in serious condition in hospital after lorry collision 1,962 views
- Harry’s Bar opens in what was the Guild Tavern on Church Street 1,053 views
- Lostock Hall roundabout roadworks to begin from early January 946 views
- Police appeal after bogus officials steal cash and laptop from Fulwood home 843 views
- Car found flipped on its side in Penwortham 838 views
- Leyland Road water leak hits homes in Penwortham and southern Preston5 comments
- Missing Ribbleton brother and sister Marcus and Pareece Bottomley FOUND safe and well4 comments
- Alive After Five Awards finalists announced as 32,000 votes cast3 comments
- Preston Bus Station: Brake applied to £23 million plan as Conservatives make call-in request5 comments
- Water supply restored to Penwortham and southern Preston after NINE hours2 comments