140 Coffee, a true social media cafe in Preston?
It used to be called Harbls, and probably numerous other names before that, but it’s been taken over by a new owner and we got chatting with him before we left and he’s got interesting plans for the place.
Instead of just selling you coffee, it also plans to host a range of events and be a true social media cafe – using tools such as twitter, flickr, last fm and wordpress to reach out to the Preston community and create a community around the cafe.
It’s also stocking Orangina (remember that!), selling handmade cards, has a rather relaxed approach to being a library and the owner controls the music playing via a Last FM application on his iPhone.
Franky, the owner, has put a lot of time into doing the place up and establishing a good (free for customers) wireless connection. The place has the feel of a real independent coffee store and the ethos to match in its aims and hopes.
If you fancy a coffee and a place to surf the web, 140 Coffee is the place to go – especially if you’re sick of Cafe Nero, Costa and Starbucks.
- 31st, May 2009
Most Read posts
- Frog and Bucket comedy club to close Preston venue 963 views
- Frog and Bucket closure: Preston comedian Dan Nightingale leads reaction 757 views
- Operation Nemesis: Watch as police raid suspected drug dealers Preston home 378 views
- Electronic cigarette lounge opens on Plungington Road 269 views
- Operation Nemesis: Preston police dog uncovers £50,000 cash and class A drugs 239 views
- Palestinian flag flying in Preston: UKIP call for resignations over flag decision30 comments
- Calls for Israeli flag to fly above Preston Town Hall32 comments
- 3D video of proposed Eastways Hub development released4 comments
- Former member of the Royal Artillery regiment dies at 1023 comments
- Preston Bus Station: County council announcement due in September3 comments