140 Coffee, a true social media cafe in Preston?
It used to be called Harbls, and probably numerous other names before that, but it’s been taken over by a new owner and we got chatting with him before we left and he’s got interesting plans for the place.
Instead of just selling you coffee, it also plans to host a range of events and be a true social media cafe – using tools such as twitter, flickr, last fm and wordpress to reach out to the Preston community and create a community around the cafe.
It’s also stocking Orangina (remember that!), selling handmade cards, has a rather relaxed approach to being a library and the owner controls the music playing via a Last FM application on his iPhone.
Franky, the owner, has put a lot of time into doing the place up and establishing a good (free for customers) wireless connection. The place has the feel of a real independent coffee store and the ethos to match in its aims and hopes.
If you fancy a coffee and a place to surf the web, 140 Coffee is the place to go – especially if you’re sick of Cafe Nero, Costa and Starbucks.
- 31st, May 2009
Most Read posts
- Gang armed with baseball bats and machetes attack cash van at Ribbleton newsagents 1,541 views
- Man found dead near Lane Ends Post Office 1,061 views
- New Fulwood supermarket plan could go ahead despite threat to derail Ingol redevelopment 542 views
- Preston City Centre Plan: Council strategy aims to tackle Preston’s empty shops problem 501 views
- Bonfire Night 2014: Firework displays in and around Preston 419 views
- Fishergate Gateway development officially opens following completion8 comments
- Preston is officially England’s GLOOMIEST city6 comments
- Win: Tickets to the first Frog and Bucket night at Preston Guild Hall4 comments
- Deepdale tramline and station proposal set for rejection4 comments
- Seven things you said on Fishergate new layout completion4 comments