140 Coffee, a true social media cafe in Preston?
It used to be called Harbls, and probably numerous other names before that, but it’s been taken over by a new owner and we got chatting with him before we left and he’s got interesting plans for the place.
Instead of just selling you coffee, it also plans to host a range of events and be a true social media cafe – using tools such as twitter, flickr, last fm and wordpress to reach out to the Preston community and create a community around the cafe.
It’s also stocking Orangina (remember that!), selling handmade cards, has a rather relaxed approach to being a library and the owner controls the music playing via a Last FM application on his iPhone.
Franky, the owner, has put a lot of time into doing the place up and establishing a good (free for customers) wireless connection. The place has the feel of a real independent coffee store and the ethos to match in its aims and hopes.
If you fancy a coffee and a place to surf the web, 140 Coffee is the place to go – especially if you’re sick of Cafe Nero, Costa and Starbucks.
- 31st, May 2009
Most Read posts
- Moor Park to Host to Rockprest Festival in July 2015 1,048 views
- Snow warning: Preston expected to see some snow during Wednesday and Thursday 487 views
- Preston dog owner fined £220 for failing to clear up dog poo 195 views
- J.D. Wetherspoon introduce Lloyds No.1 Bar, ‘The Twelve Tellers’ to Preston 129 views
- New Preston city centre Wetherspoons to be called Twelve Tellers and serve booze until 2am 67 views
- J.D. Wetherspoon introduce Lloyds No.1 Bar, ‘The Twelve Tellers’ to Preston4 comments
- New Preston city centre Wetherspoons to be called Twelve Tellers and serve booze until 2am5 comments
- Preston dog owner fined £220 for failing to clear up dog poo3 comments
- Blog Preston launches mobile and tablet app8 comments
- Belladonna’s Boudoir to open on Cannon Street1 comments