140 Coffee, a true social media cafe in Preston?
It used to be called Harbls, and probably numerous other names before that, but it’s been taken over by a new owner and we got chatting with him before we left and he’s got interesting plans for the place.
Instead of just selling you coffee, it also plans to host a range of events and be a true social media cafe – using tools such as twitter, flickr, last fm and wordpress to reach out to the Preston community and create a community around the cafe.
It’s also stocking Orangina (remember that!), selling handmade cards, has a rather relaxed approach to being a library and the owner controls the music playing via a Last FM application on his iPhone.
Franky, the owner, has put a lot of time into doing the place up and establishing a good (free for customers) wireless connection. The place has the feel of a real independent coffee store and the ethos to match in its aims and hopes.
If you fancy a coffee and a place to surf the web, 140 Coffee is the place to go – especially if you’re sick of Cafe Nero, Costa and Starbucks.
- 31st, May 2009
Our website visitors could be seeing your advert here
Most Read posts
- Wedding guest pair hunted by police after teenagers left with serious injuries 9,572 views
- Preston woman becomes centre of internet storm thanks to Glasgow hostel review 2,201 views
- Preston RSPCA in plea for kitten food 300 views
- Tributes paid to man killed in Fulwood crash 201 views
- Beautiful Planet relocates to new premises 176 views