140 Coffee, a true social media cafe in Preston?
It used to be called Harbls, and probably numerous other names before that, but it’s been taken over by a new owner and we got chatting with him before we left and he’s got interesting plans for the place.
Instead of just selling you coffee, it also plans to host a range of events and be a true social media cafe – using tools such as twitter, flickr, last fm and wordpress to reach out to the Preston community and create a community around the cafe.
It’s also stocking Orangina (remember that!), selling handmade cards, has a rather relaxed approach to being a library and the owner controls the music playing via a Last FM application on his iPhone.
Franky, the owner, has put a lot of time into doing the place up and establishing a good (free for customers) wireless connection. The place has the feel of a real independent coffee store and the ethos to match in its aims and hopes.
If you fancy a coffee and a place to surf the web, 140 Coffee is the place to go – especially if you’re sick of Cafe Nero, Costa and Starbucks.
- 31st, May 2009
Most Read posts
- Watch: AJ’s Dream flashmob takes over Friargate and Flag Market 1,279 views
- Milda Okunyte RIP: Friends gather to celebrate artistic creativity of Lithuanian student who died on Tuesday 1,195 views
- Met Office issues severe weather warning with both wind and rain expected 519 views
- Opinion: Why the humble coffee bean is the answer to Preston’s Unhealthiest High-street label 489 views
- Preston Markets: Frank Whittle Partnership chosen to lead redevelopment of markets area 450 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 7)24 comments
- Preston has topped the list as Britain’s unhealthiest high street7 comments
- Six things Prestonians said on hearing city has unhealthiest high street in the land6 comments
- Preston city centre businesses hit back at unhealthiest high street report5 comments
- Opinion: Why the humble coffee bean is the answer to Preston’s Unhealthiest High-street label5 comments