Save Preston Bus Station
Hello, Recently I had a story printed in the LEP and I want to know your thoughts on it.
I just want everyone to know that I am not against the regeneration of Preston at all – there is a lot of it that I think should be knocked down, like St. Johns Centre. The Bus Station is too big for what Preston needs, maybe they could continue to use the back half of it, maybe it could be converted into a big John Lewis? I don’t know? I know idiots hang around in there, I know it smells like piss and “shake and vac” mixed together – it is dropping to bits, but I can’t help but love it. Once over it was the symbol of the future, with its white tiles and rubber floors and seats that were too high and small to sit on. Now it is a symbol of the past- our past and they want to take it away. It just doesn’t feel right!
And have you all noticed that all of Preston Buses now have the Stagecoach logo on them?
Sad isn’t it?
Please give me your support via the Facebook group
- 28th, January 2009
Our website visitors could be seeing your advert here
Most Read posts
- Wedding guest pair hunted by police after teenagers left with serious injuries 4,530 views
- Preston woman becomes centre of internet storm thanks to Glasgow hostel review 1,490 views
- Preston RSPCA in plea for kitten food 217 views
- Summer Fayre returns to St Walburge’s 112 views
- Tributes paid to man killed in Fulwood crash 106 views