Save Preston Bus Station
Hello, Recently I had a story printed in the LEP and I want to know your thoughts on it.
I just want everyone to know that I am not against the regeneration of Preston at all – there is a lot of it that I think should be knocked down, like St. Johns Centre. The Bus Station is too big for what Preston needs, maybe they could continue to use the back half of it, maybe it could be converted into a big John Lewis? I don’t know? I know idiots hang around in there, I know it smells like piss and “shake and vac” mixed together – it is dropping to bits, but I can’t help but love it. Once over it was the symbol of the future, with its white tiles and rubber floors and seats that were too high and small to sit on. Now it is a symbol of the past- our past and they want to take it away. It just doesn’t feel right!
And have you all noticed that all of Preston Buses now have the Stagecoach logo on them?
Sad isn’t it?
Please give me your support via the Facebook group
- 28th, January 2009
Most Read posts
- In pictures: Preston as it was in 1985 2,001 views
- Seven things you said on Fishergate new layout completion 1,820 views
- Preston is officially England’s GLOOMIEST city 674 views
- New nightclub Factory opening in Preston on October 31 615 views
- Deepdale tramline and station proposal set for rejection 435 views
- Fishergate Gateway development officially opens following completion8 comments
- Preston is officially England’s GLOOMIEST city4 comments
- Seven things you said on Fishergate new layout completion4 comments
- Roadworks city: Extra funding means Preston potholes blitz3 comments
- Deepdale tramline and station proposal set for rejection3 comments