Save Preston Bus Station
Hello, Recently I had a story printed in the LEP and I want to know your thoughts on it.
I just want everyone to know that I am not against the regeneration of Preston at all – there is a lot of it that I think should be knocked down, like St. Johns Centre. The Bus Station is too big for what Preston needs, maybe they could continue to use the back half of it, maybe it could be converted into a big John Lewis? I don’t know? I know idiots hang around in there, I know it smells like piss and “shake and vac” mixed together – it is dropping to bits, but I can’t help but love it. Once over it was the symbol of the future, with its white tiles and rubber floors and seats that were too high and small to sit on. Now it is a symbol of the past- our past and they want to take it away. It just doesn’t feel right!
And have you all noticed that all of Preston Buses now have the Stagecoach logo on them?
Sad isn’t it?
Please give me your support via the Facebook group
- 28th, January 2009
Most Read posts
- New Series: Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures 727 views
- Unexploded mortar found near Avenham Park 709 views
- Garstang Road collision: Motorcyclist in hospital as police appeal for information 673 views
- Miller Arcade plans to create new flats, restaurant and roof terrace due to be approved 652 views
- Watch: Military mortar detonated in controlled explosion in fields near River Ribble 502 views
- New Series: Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures13 comments
- Fracking near Preston: Further delay to decision on Cuadrilla plans9 comments
- Miller Arcade plans to create new flats, restaurant and roof terrace due to be approved3 comments
- The Preston Historical Society take on the role of Blue Plaque scheme2 comments
- Watch: Action Records documentary charting its place at the heart of Preston music scene1 comments