Save Preston Bus Station
Hello, Recently I had a story printed in the LEP and I want to know your thoughts on it.
I just want everyone to know that I am not against the regeneration of Preston at all – there is a lot of it that I think should be knocked down, like St. Johns Centre. The Bus Station is too big for what Preston needs, maybe they could continue to use the back half of it, maybe it could be converted into a big John Lewis? I don’t know? I know idiots hang around in there, I know it smells like piss and “shake and vac” mixed together – it is dropping to bits, but I can’t help but love it. Once over it was the symbol of the future, with its white tiles and rubber floors and seats that were too high and small to sit on. Now it is a symbol of the past- our past and they want to take it away. It just doesn’t feel right!
And have you all noticed that all of Preston Buses now have the Stagecoach logo on them?
Sad isn’t it?
Please give me your support via the Facebook group
- 28th, January 2009
Most Read posts
- Preston has topped the list as Britain’s unhealthiest high street 4,068 views
- Preston New Road hit and run: Police appeal to find family of woman found lying in the road 2,061 views
- Preston city centre businesses hit back at unhealthiest high street report 634 views
- Preston Station bar assault: CCTV images released in police appeal 555 views
- First Look: New coffee and ice cream bar on Winckley Street 272 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 6)10 comments
- Preston has topped the list as Britain’s unhealthiest high street5 comments
- Preston New Road hit and run: Police appeal to find family of woman found lying in the road3 comments
- Preston hosts it’s very first Color Run2 comments
- Major reorganisation of the Harris Museum and Library planned2 comments