Save Preston Bus Station
Hello, Recently I had a story printed in the LEP and I want to know your thoughts on it.
I just want everyone to know that I am not against the regeneration of Preston at all – there is a lot of it that I think should be knocked down, like St. Johns Centre. The Bus Station is too big for what Preston needs, maybe they could continue to use the back half of it, maybe it could be converted into a big John Lewis? I don’t know? I know idiots hang around in there, I know it smells like piss and “shake and vac” mixed together – it is dropping to bits, but I can’t help but love it. Once over it was the symbol of the future, with its white tiles and rubber floors and seats that were too high and small to sit on. Now it is a symbol of the past- our past and they want to take it away. It just doesn’t feel right!
And have you all noticed that all of Preston Buses now have the Stagecoach logo on them?
Sad isn’t it?
Please give me your support via the Facebook group
- 28th, January 2009
Most Read posts
- Preston weather: Snow and ice warning as temperatures fall to MINUS three 1,330 views
- Talking ****: Four Preston roads declared dog fouling zones as Preston City Council acts on Blog Preston reader comments 808 views
- Good Samaritan who helped assault victim urged to come forward 226 views
- Preston ‘on the right road’ with Fishergate’s new look 194 views
- CCTV picture released of man wanted in connection with Preston station laptop theft 160 views
- Preston dog owner fined £220 for failing to clear up dog poo6 comments
- ‘Kiss and Ride’ now in operation at Preston Train Station5 comments
- Talking ****: Four Preston roads declared dog fouling zones as Preston City Council acts on Blog Preston reader comments5 comments
- Moor Park to Host to Rockprest Festival in July 20155 comments
- Preston ‘on the right road’ with Fishergate’s new look5 comments