Save Preston Bus Station
Hello, Recently I had a story printed in the LEP and I want to know your thoughts on it.
I just want everyone to know that I am not against the regeneration of Preston at all – there is a lot of it that I think should be knocked down, like St. Johns Centre. The Bus Station is too big for what Preston needs, maybe they could continue to use the back half of it, maybe it could be converted into a big John Lewis? I don’t know? I know idiots hang around in there, I know it smells like piss and “shake and vac” mixed together – it is dropping to bits, but I can’t help but love it. Once over it was the symbol of the future, with its white tiles and rubber floors and seats that were too high and small to sit on. Now it is a symbol of the past- our past and they want to take it away. It just doesn’t feel right!
And have you all noticed that all of Preston Buses now have the Stagecoach logo on them?
Sad isn’t it?
Please give me your support via the Facebook group
- 28th, January 2009
Most Read posts
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 3) 2,784 views
- Changes to be trialed for Penwortham flyover to reduce congestion 557 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 2) 318 views
- Preston weather warning: Snow and ice expected through until Monday morning 257 views
- New pictures of Simpson’s Gold Thread Works revealed by Preston Historical Society 222 views
- Nostalgic 1980’s Preston revealed in pictures (part 3)18 comments
- Fishergate roadworks: Trees to be cut down as work continues10 comments
- Opinion: Why council tax HAS to rise in Preston…9 comments
- Welcome to Adelphi Square: University of Central Lancashire unveils giant new redevelopment plan21 comments
- Could Acregate pub become a new Muslim school for the Blind?5 comments