Government legislation to force entertainment venues to have sound control devices?
The world may look bleak outside on a dark cold January night, but to make things even worse some killjoys somewhere have decided that when we go out we need to have our ears cuddled with cotton wool. There is government legislation planned to force all entertainments venues to install a sound control device for live/loud music.
This could be from the local pub that has bands on every now and again (Mad Ferret), to big venues with large touring acts (53 Degrees). It will impact on all of Preston’s venues. Not only would live music not be as good but I imagine that venues would have to foot the bill for new equipment and training in how to use it. Whoever makes these sound control devices must be rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of this new legislation getting passed.
Will you sign the petition calling on the government not to introduce sound control devices in entertainments venues? and save the ability of bands, artists, fans and music venues everywhere in Britain to ‘turn up to 11′!
- 14th, January 2009
Most Read posts
- New police clampdown on bike theft in Preston launched 1,063 views
- Teenage yobs hunted after Preston bus window smashed by traffic cone 290 views
- Discount chain to open at former Blockbuster site 228 views
- Frog and Bucket comedy club to close Preston venue 224 views
- Morrisons hosts new InPost locker at Preston store 213 views
- Palestinian flag flying in Preston: UKIP call for resignations over flag decision30 comments
- Calls for Israeli flag to fly above Preston Town Hall32 comments
- 3D video of proposed Eastways Hub development released4 comments
- Former member of the Royal Artillery regiment dies at 1023 comments
- Preston Bus Station: County council announcement due in September3 comments