Government legislation to force entertainment venues to have sound control devices?
The world may look bleak outside on a dark cold January night, but to make things even worse some killjoys somewhere have decided that when we go out we need to have our ears cuddled with cotton wool. There is government legislation planned to force all entertainments venues to install a sound control device for live/loud music.
This could be from the local pub that has bands on every now and again (Mad Ferret), to big venues with large touring acts (53 Degrees). It will impact on all of Preston’s venues. Not only would live music not be as good but I imagine that venues would have to foot the bill for new equipment and training in how to use it. Whoever makes these sound control devices must be rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of this new legislation getting passed.
Will you sign the petition calling on the government not to introduce sound control devices in entertainments venues? and save the ability of bands, artists, fans and music venues everywhere in Britain to ‘turn up to 11’!
- 14th, January 2009
Most Read posts
- Fishergate bollards claim a front bumper 2,313 views
- Preston North End win promotion to the Championship 977 views
- Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures (Part 5) 859 views
- Aldi store confirmed for Queens Retail Park 263 views
- Preston city centre approval rating grows in latest survey 219 views
- Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures (Part 5)10 comments
- Aldi store confirmed for Queens Retail Park4 comments
- Nostalgic 1960’s/70’s Preston revealed in pictures (Part 4)6 comments
- Preston park playgrounds to go smokefree2 comments
- Preston city centre approval rating grows in latest survey2 comments